Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cream Cheese Cookies

These are James' favorite cookies. They have a strong cream cheese taste, so you need to like cream cheese to like these cookies. We first got this recipe over 20 years ago from a comedy show that Carl Reiner was hosting. He announced this was the best cookie recipe ever and between comedy acts he gave out one ingredient. I wrote it down and baked the cookies for some time before the recipe was lost. James never forgot about them and a long time later I thought to search for the recipe on line and found it posted as Carl Reiner's Cream Cheese cookies. I have made sure to keep the recipe safe this time around!


3 ounces Cream cheese; softened
¼ pound butter
9 tablespoon sugar
9 Pecan halves; finely chopped
1 cup Flour

Preheat oven to 350. Cream together cheese and butter. Add sugar gradually, creaming after each addition. Add peacans. Fold in flour and blend until smooth. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten dough with wet fingers until wafer thin. Bake 10 minutes.

1 comment:

lisaarizona said...

I had this recipe 20 years ago, I got it when Carl Reiner was on Johnny Carson show. I loved the cookies, and then lost the recipe. I have thought about this recipe for 15 years, but couldn't find it. Thank heavens for the internet!!!