Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mexican Meat Dish or Dip

This is a good recipe I've made for years. I believe it came from my sister, Carolyn. When the girls were in school, I would send a double recipe in a crock pot to school parties and they would lick the pot clean. The kids liked to eat it as a dip with Mexican chips. At home, we spoon it over the chips and top with lettuce, cheese, onions, tomatoes and taco sauce.

2 lb ground beef
1 t salt
1 lb stick or boxed chili (found in the fresh meat dept. Petite Jean makes a chili
in stick form)
1 lb Velveeta cheese
1 (8 oz) sour cream
1 can Ro-tel
1 small jar taco sauce
2 cans hot beans (I use only 1)

Brown ground beef, add salt. Put in stick chili and Velveeta, cook until melted. Keep stirred. Add beans, Ro-tel (may be blended for smoothness) and taco sauce. Cook to combine. Just before serving, add sour cream and stir well. Serve as stated above.

No comments: